Nablopomo Day 28!
There’s only a few days left of Nablopomo, it is so exciting that I have made it so far without giving up!
Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is time to make some Christmas posts! Hurray! I love Christmas so much and am so ready to get into the holiday spirit.
I have so many awesome ideas for gifts for all of the important people in my life and a lot of them are DIY. Awesomeness! I believe that gifts that are made with a lot of thought and consideration are a lot better than something that is picked up from the store.
Today I am going to share with you how to make a custom DIY T-shirt for for a Christmas present for someone in your life, whether if is a friend, boyfriend / girlfriend or a family member.
This will be using a tad bit of technology and computers but it is nothing you can’t handle, you’re so smart I know you will be awesome at it.
Here is what you need to do:
- Think of an idea. Think of books, music, television shows, fandoms, sports team, hobby a relevant quote, drawing, (literally anything) they like and brainstorm some creative ideas around it. If they are into the Hunger Games maybe create a district 12 design and a maybe quote along with it too.
- Create the design. There are countless resources for you to use including photoshop, if you have it. If you don’t, don’t worry! You can download this software called Gimp which basically does all the same things as photoshop but it is free. (because it is open-sourced version). If you do not want to go through the downloading process then you can work from picmonkey.com which is awesome for designing too.
- Save your design, and apply to shirt. There are two ways you can do this.
- Print the design onto iron on paper, which can be found at any craft store and then iron it right onto the shirt. This design is cheaper than the next one, so that is a plus! The downside is that it is harder to do perfectly and you can still vaguely see the outline of where the paper is. (but still very doable!)
- Go to holyshirt.com and choose a type of shirt. There are tons of different colors and styles to choose from. There is a new feature on holyshirt where you can add your own logo so that is pretty awesome. The best part about this option is that when you get the shirt it will look seamless, like you went to the store and bought it yourself.
Hopefully my friends don’t read this because I may or may not do this for them! This is a really awesome idea because there are so many countless personal designs that you can make that will be unforgettable to the person you plan to give it to!