A special thanks to Paul from The Captain’s Speech (go to his blog now because it is very good!) for nominating me for this challenge! This looks like so much fun and something that I haven’t seen before so I thought I’d give it a try today! 😀
Here are the rules. This might be the most comprehensive list of rules I’ve ever seen. I’ll highlight the important words.
1. Open an MS Word / Google docs document.
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as many words as you can in the time limit. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy & paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees (at least 5) and copy & paste these rules with your nominations.
The topic Paul assigned to me was FOOD. I decided to do the 10 minute challenge.
I did the thing and typed in a Google docs document, don’t worry its in the rules! (and not I didn’t just put it there 😉 😉 )Turns out that this challenge was a lot harder than I thought but nonetheless it was pretty fun!
Here is what I ended up writing!
I could probably talk about food forever, well not actually forever but you get the point. I really like eating, okay? Is that a crime? Woah it has already been almost a minute and I haven’t even gotten started, oh man this is harder than I thought!
Okay well I guess I’ll start with my favorite food in the entire world. Beef Cutlets! What are those you ask… they are the yummiest food in all of the land. Apparently it is a family recipe, that or an Italian thing. But they are so good I don’t know what it is about them but I could literally eat them all day long. You top them with sauce and cheese and they are the most perfect food. I think I get too excited about food but whatever. When the time is up, I’ll include a picture in the actual blog post so you can understand my love for them.
Another love of mine? Ice cream… duh!
I can eat the stuff all day all year long, it doesn’t even matter to me that I live in a place with one of the coldest snowiest winters, I can eat ice cream anywhere! There is just something about it that I just love a lot there are so many kinds that I love! You know what’s even better than ice cream? GELATO. When I was in Italy I ate the stuff multiple times per day, pretty much whenever I was near a shop I was pulled in there by some mysterious force. Apparently, word on the street over there is that in a serving of gelato there is enough vitamins and energy and such to count as a whole meal! Me being me took that little “fact” very seriously.
Pasta pasta pasta pasta. anyone who knows me knows that I could literally eat pasta every single day. Not even joking. If I am hungry, I will just boil pasta add some butter and cheese and BAM I have a meal! But I love all kinds of pasta. Those who really know me know that rigatonis are my favorite of all of the pastas though! I also quite like tortellini and spaghetti and rotini and the curly kind and ravioli, you name it I’ll eat it.
Haha, do you see why I go to the gym now? Because if not I would probably look like and elephant! I already am halfway there (probably not really) I can eat anything, my uncle and I have this thing where we get really excited about food! It is actually quite precious.
Number of Words: 434
I’m not really sure if I write very well under pressure, but there ya go!
Here are the 5 nominees! You don’t have to do this or anything but I thought it would be a different fun thing to do! Also, if you aren’t nominated, go ahead and do it anyways because I said so! Have a blast!
Your topic is:
Your Favorite Place
Hope you all have fun with this! 🙂